Typically, the message of Thanksgiving is one of abundance and love as we surround ourselves with our favorite people and fabulous food. This year is no different. No matter what we know about the past and what we feel about the future, Prepare for an awesome life. Although a list similar to this one has been circulating for a while, I made a few changes, added some things and lent my personal touch to some of these awesome tips. The message is timeless and I hope you enjoy it.
26 Tips for Living An Awesome Life
1. Take a short walk every day and while you walk, smile. Walking is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day and contemplate the beautify of peace.
3. When you wake up in the morning, pray for God’s guidance in giving you purpose for the day.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in creating a positive moment in the present.
8. Eat at least one bounteous meal a day.
9. Know that life is not fair, but it is still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive them for everything.
11. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You do not have to win every argument. Sometimes it is best to agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it will not spoil the present.
14. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called personal disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will it matter?”.
17. Help the needy and be generous Be a ‘giver’ not a ‘taker’.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business, so why should you care?
19. Time heals everything.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed, reflect on the day and be thankful for your accomplishments.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. Take some time each day to give a hug to your loved ones or even to your pets. And don’t forget to let them hug you back.
26. Recognize that becoming self-reliant is the most important thing you can do to insure long-term survival. Rely on yourself and you will never be met with disappointment.
The Final Word
As we enter the waning few weeks of the year, I encourage you to look back and reflect upon those things that have made you the happiest. If there were more bad times then good, so be it. As Preppers we have too much to do to dwell on the past. Let us move forward together as we create a better life for ourselves and our family.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
The quality of our lives begins with our intentions. Our intentions form our thoughts, our thoughts shape our actions, and our actions create our lives. When we move into and live with deliberate intention, we create conscious living.
Intentionality is one of the most powerful of the 26 emotional intelligence competencies. As coaches, we support our clients daily in improving the quality of their lives, and it all begins with setting powerful, compelling, energizing intentions. Read More…
Most people have heard of a dream or vision board. There have been a lot of teachings on why to have a vision or dream board and also on how to construct a dream board. I personally do have some issues on the way a vision or dream board has been taught and also the name of it. I do believe in the concept and have used it myself and continue to use it to this very day.
1st let me address the problems that I have with vision and dream boards. So if you think on how having a vision or dream board has been taught over the years you will see why most dream and vision boards do not work for most people. It has been taught to put things on your vision and dream board such as expensive cars, luxury houses, expensive vacations, the luxury boats, money, etc. Read More…
Worry is one of the most worthless emotions. Worrying does not solve your problem. Worrying about something only adds more stress to our already stressful lives. Now I am not saying that we shouldn’t be concerned over certain situations in our lives. We should be concerned about every area of our lives and make a plan to move forward in every area as well.
Challenges will come up in everyone’s life. It is how we handle these challenges that will make or break us. Our natural tendency is to worry when some challenges rears its ugly head. We worry when things are out of our control. We need to face that and stop the worrying when we cannot control things. Look for the things we can control and then put your focus on that and solving your challenge. Read More…
Here at Inner Game Magic we’re just not big fans of the term “cut back.” Well, it kind of sounds like it’s going to hurt, doesn’t it?
Instead, we much prefer that you “let go of what’s not serving you.” Ahhhh. Doesn’t that sound nice? And it is.
Let’s face it. We’re all holding on to things that aren’t moving us forward. They might even be weighing us down. You know what things we mean. The size “whatever” pants in your closet that you haven’t fit into in years. Golf clubs that never made it to a course. A gym membership you’ve rarely used. Or that food dehydrator you ordered online. (Yeah, that was an awesome pick.
If you’re like most people there are more than a few things that will immediately jump to your mind. When they do, jot them down in your notebook. Or, better yet … gather them up and set them aside. (They’ll come in handy on another day this week!)
There is not many people that realize how they think about money determines how much money they will usually have. Your attitude toward money will affect your motivation to achieve financial success and also affects your emotions. Let’s look at this first.
When do you Think About Money?
When do you think about money? Usually when you don’t have enough or struggling to pay bills. Money is called a deficiency need in psychology. What this means is that it will only motivate you when you feel you don’t have enough of it. On another level when you feel you have enough it no longer will motivate you. So it is when people don’t have enough money that we find they think about it the most.
Can you create wealth by using the Law of Attraction? First you have to believe and know that the Law of Attraction will work for you. Most everyone has heard of the Law of Attraction but the fact is most people don’t really believe in it or the ones that do don’t really understand how to use it. I for one believe in the universal laws and that includes the Law of Attraction. Let’s take a look at the Law of Attraction and how it really works.
The Law of Attraction, to put it simply, is you get what you think about. This is where what I call the magic money mindset comes in as well. If you have a scarcity mindset then you will attract more scarcity. That is do you say to yourself things like, “if only I had the money for that” or “I can’t afford that.” Maybe you think things like, “the only way I will ever have a lot of money is if I win the lottery.” Do you see how that is a scarcity mindset? You are constantly focusing on the lack of. If you focus on the lack of you will attract more lack or scarcity.
Now on the other hand rich people and wealthy people have an abundance and prosperity mindset. That is they know for a fact that they will have a lot of money and money will come to them easily. They see themselves as wealthy and rich. Even if they lost it all they know they will make it back again and then some. It seems like they are a money magnet. You probably know people like that as it seems like no matter what they attract money and money just flows to them.
The reason is because they have that magic money mindset. They attract more of what they think about. They have that success mindset and that money comes to them easily and often. That is the kind of mindset you need in order to attract more money.
The Law of Attraction works. It is part of the Universal Laws that we can’t really explain. Let me give you an example of the Law of Attraction.
Let’s say you have been driving a Ford Explorer for years. Every time you are on the road there is a lot of cars but it seems like Ford Explorers stand out and you notice them more. That is because your subconscious mind is set to Ford Explorer. This part of your subconscious and is called the reticular cortex. Its job is to notice what you have set your mindset to.
Now you decide to go more economical and buy a Toyota Corolla. Within a few days you notice how many Corolla’s there are on the road. Why is that? They were always there. You just didn’t notice them because your mindset, your reticular cortex, your Law of Attraction was set to a Ford Explorer. Now that you are a Corolla person you have a different mindset which sets your reticular differently and now your attracted to the Corolla’s.
That is why having an abundance and prosperity mindset, that magic money mindset is so important. If you set your reticular to abundance and prosperity and having money rather than scarcity then you will start to see money opportunities out there that were there all the time but your reticular was set to the lack of or scarcity. That is how the Law of Attraction works.
So what kind of money mindset do you have? You may have reset your mindset to reset your reticular if you want to start to attract more money into your life.
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep every time. Are you a lion or a sheep. Just what is it that makes a leader different from others? Most people do not consider themselves leaders. They have a misconception of what a leader is. Most people, in my opinion, fear making a decision about something. They may feel a fear of making a mistake about making a decision and will not take a risk.
True leaders have attributes that stand out from others. Below is a list of actions and attributes that make leaders different from others. Go through the list and ask yourself if you are a lion or a sheep. Ask yourself which do you want to be? The choice is always yours. Read More…