Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/innergamemagic.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/paper-template/papertemplate.php(15) : eval()'d code(3) : eval()'d code on line 392
Do you plan out your week or just let it happen and hope for the best? If you are planning your week, do you plan on having a successful week? If you are not planning your week or not planning on having a successful week and just letting whatever happens happen, then you are creating by default. You are letting the universe and other people and circumstances take control of your week and life. You want to become a deliberate creator but that is a topic for another day.
Do you feel stressed each week or not organized or just feel like you are always flying by the seat of your pants? That is a result for not having a plan each week. I like to plan my week out over the weekend. You don't have to plan every minute of each day but what you want to get accomplished for the week and plug in times each day for what you want to get done.
I do a time blocking and time management workshop so I will not go into great detail here. I want you teach you how you can start slow with planning your week and having a successful week. If you plan your week even somewhat right now I want you to take it a step further and plan on having a successful week. What I mean by that is write down how you want your week to go and what results do you want at the end of the week. Then write out how you will feel when this is all done at the end of the week. This is setting up having a successful week.
Then ask yourself this question:
"If I ________________ by Friday of this week, my week will be a success!"
Please fill in the blank and leave a comment with your answer...
Here are the 5 easy steps to make sure this works for you...
1. What you use to fill in the blank should push your comfort zone but not completely shatter it. You want to start stretching your comfort zone a little.
2. It should be an Inspired Action Step that you have been avoiding but that you KNOW will move you toward a specific, immediate goal.
3. It should be something you can realistically achieve in 5 days. Don't go over board with something you know you cannot accomplish in 5 days as that will do the opposite of what habit you are trying to build here.
4. Go small at first so you can Go Big later. Pick something smaller to make sure you are successful as small successes creates momentum that will snowball. So keep it small at first
5. Now that you've filled in the blank, SCHEDULE IT! A goal without a time frame is just a wish. I like to break it down into smaller steps so you can schedule pieces of a task each day on your way to completing your overall goal by the end of the week.
Where most people fail is when they have things that they know they can do, they know it will create a success for them, but they DON'T schedule it so it gets pushed off into the future and usually never gets done.
By doing this you are setting yourself up for success and make this ONE THING a MUST for you this week...After you have mastered this technique and it becomes a habit then start scheduling two each week and so on. You are a deliberate creator.
P.S. Please leave a comment below and let me know of your successes.