Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/innergamemagic.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/paper-template/papertemplate.php(15) : eval()'d code(3) : eval()'d code on line 392
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep every time. Are you a lion or a sheep. Just what is it that makes a leader different from others? Most people do not consider themselves leaders. They have a misconception of what a leader is. Most people, in my opinion, fear making a decision about something. They may feel a fear of making a mistake about making a decision and will not take a risk.
True leaders have attributes that stand out from others. Below is a list of actions and attributes that make leaders different from others. Go through the list and ask yourself if you are a lion or a sheep. Ask yourself which do you want to be? The choice is always yours.
- Leaders are always full of praise.
- Leaders learn to say "thank you" and "please" on the way up to the top.
- Leaders are always growing.
- Leaders are possessed with dreams.
- Leaders launch forth before success is certain.
- Leaders are not afraid of confrontation.
- Leaders talk about their own mistakes before they talk about someone else's.
- Leaders are people of honesty and integrity.
- Leaders have a good name.
- Leaders make others better.
- Leaders are quick to praise and encourage the smallest amount of improvement.
- Leaders are genuinely interested in others.
- Leaders look for and praise someone doing something right.
- Leaders take others with them.
- Leaders respond to their failures before others have to reveal them.
- Leaders never allow murmuring from themselves or others.
- Leaders are specific about what is expected.
- Leaders hold others accountable.
- Leaders do what is right rather than what is popular.
- Leaders are servants.
A leader is a lion, not a sheep. Be a Lion. Be the Leader.
Excerpts taken from an Enemy called Average by John Mason.