Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/keithy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/paper-template/papertemplate.php(15) : eval()'d code(3) : eval()'d code on line 392
Let me ask you a question. If you were to wake up one day and find out that something that you believed to be true for years, simply was not true at all. It was completely false, a big lie. Not even close to what you believed to be the truth at all. How would you feel about it?
Would you feel betrayed, angry, confused, stupid, an idiot? Maybe a little bit of each of those?
Some of us hold on to beliefs that do not support what we want in order to avoid those feelings of above. Think about having to unlearn a belief that we believed to be true for years. Now that would be an emotional and mental challenge, wouldn’t it?
I teach people on how to discover and overcome their self-limiting beliefs. Today I want to pose some questions to you to ponder and think about and discuss if you choose to do so.
- Is it possible that over the years you have learned certain things that you believed to be true but are false?
- Is it possible that some of these have turned into self-limiting beliefs that are stopping you from achieving your goals and your potential and you are making decisions based on these beliefs?
- Did you consciously choose and develop your beliefs or did you develop these beliefs from someone else like your parents for example? Did you intentionally or unintentionally adopt some of those beliefs from your parents growing up and they just carried over into your adult life?
- Is it possible that you have seen the world for so long in this particular way that the thought of questioning some of these long-held deep beliefs makes you a little uncomfortable about looking at things differently?
- Have you ever thought about questioning certain beliefs but held your tongue in order to avoid confrontation or have you felt compelled to adhere to certain standards or rules and behaviors?
- Do your beliefs empower you or limit you?
Here is how to break free:
There are times where our beliefs can be like handcuffs. They restrict your movement and potential. They restrict your freedom to learn and grow and to change. They arrest you and keep you in custody. That custody is with someone else as a policeman arrests a suspect.
You and you alone are the author of your own life. You choose to either create the life that you want or accept by default the one that is handed to you. You can liberate and empower yourself by questioning those beliefs that do not support where you want your life to be. Do not be a victim of social conditioning. This is not being rebellious but choosing the way you want your life to be. We are all conditioned and programmed from an early age and pressured into group thinking.
Our beliefs determine our choices and behaviors which is our habits. Our choices and decisions based on those habits and behaviors determines our actions that leads to the results we get. If we are not getting the results we want in our life then why shouldn’t we question our beliefs. I think you would agree, it is time to do a little questioning of beliefs and a little unlearning and changing of our beliefs and behaviors.
Law of Attrraction Coach