Happy Thanksgiving–26 Tips for Living An Awesome Life
Typically, the message of Thanksgiving is one of abundance and love as we surround ourselves with our favorite people and fabulous food. This year is no different. No matter what we know about the past and what we feel about the future, Prepare for an awesome life. Although a list similar to this one has been circulating for a while, I made a few changes, added some things and lent my personal touch to some of these awesome tips. The message is timeless and I hope you enjoy it.
26 Tips for Living An Awesome Life
1. Take a short walk every day and while you walk, smile. Walking is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day and contemplate the beautify of peace.
3. When you wake up in the morning, pray for God’s guidance in giving you purpose for the day.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in creating a positive moment in the present.
8. Eat at least one bounteous meal a day.
9. Know that life is not fair, but it is still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive them for everything.
11. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You do not have to win every argument. Sometimes it is best to agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it will not spoil the present.
14. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called personal disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will it matter?”.
17. Help the needy and be generous Be a ‘giver’ not a ‘taker’.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business, so why should you care?
19. Time heals everything.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed, reflect on the day and be thankful for your accomplishments.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. Take some time each day to give a hug to your loved ones or even to your pets. And don’t forget to let them hug you back.
26. Recognize that becoming self-reliant is the most important thing you can do to insure long-term survival. Rely on yourself and you will never be met with disappointment.
The Final Word
As we enter the waning few weeks of the year, I encourage you to look back and reflect upon those things that have made you the happiest. If there were more bad times then good, so be it. As Preppers we have too much to do to dwell on the past. Let us move forward together as we create a better life for ourselves and our family.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!